Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Empty Rooms...

The empty rooms

A hollow room with open doors and the yellow piercing through
A comforting arm it seeks to reflect, searches for something new
The darkness engulfs, the loneliness screams, a silent player amidst
A secret it holds, a question it answers….waiting to unfold the fist

A house for the old, perhaps a playhouse, a dungeon to a killer in rage
Enveloping a thousand stories in the black, a thousand and one mysteries staged
In a fleeting glimpse I see them in motion, moving as fast as the train
A caged thriller beneath the scarlet clouds and wetted by the rain

A whisper in the lurk, an echo resonates, and I hear myself over
Many a life breathes in it, a fly in the web hovers
The leaf crumbles with my step and silence breaks, silence screams
Within the chambers, careful steps and I feel life bleeds

I concoct a tale of the knight in armor, a few horses put in
Imagination runs all directions and the world is set for a spin
A gulp I feel, a lump in the throat and the heart skips a beat
Far into the room I realize it’s time for me to retreat

The empty room calls me back and I turn around to see
The many knights who fought for it, the many kids it set free
And I walk back with a smile on my face and a thought to sell
Silence is golden for I learn; the empty rooms have a lot to tell

No comments: