Saturday, March 8, 2008

Life....is your movie

The first rays of the sun falling on my face, waking me up from the prolonged welcome state of unconsciousness, and I go about the day. With a song in my ears I walk towards the station to get on the crowded train, reach my destination only to work my ass off on things that probably don’t even matter. I stand at the centre of the crowd cracking mindless jokes and I hear the laughter that makes my day. I fight with someone who matters and cry over it, but a hug makes the whole difference, an insipid sorry perhaps and we are back to playing the role of friends. I have an exam and I cheat and score better than someone who studied and boast about it, despite being socially unacceptable at that time. I hear another friend yanking about her boyfriend and how wonderful he is and I fly into the world of imagination where I rule. Running towards the love of my life in a great outfit among the clouds and falling into his arms. With probably rage against the machine or Judas priest in my ears for the evening, I end the day thinking the numerous stunts that I will have to display to get home. Life…is my movie.

Ever wondered how your monotonous routine of getting up and then lying down again sounds like a great plan, a great direction. Everything centers on you, it is always your family, your friends, your work and your love. In other words you are the star, the undeclared hero of the amazing twisty plot etched out to be a masterpiece. It has the right amount of action and drama and corny sense of romance that will give Karan Johar a run for his money (take Yash Chopra if you want to make it sound classier). The different realms of world that you choose, add the spice. Music, movies and the internet, take your mind through an imaginative journey with background songs without dancers thrown in (you may dance and you choose to be the best at it too). Walking down the road with a song to hear you go into trance, thinking that the characters walking on the road around, who you don’t know, are so insignificant, if it weren’t for your eyes. Life is your movie.

Despite this exclusive role of a lifetime, why do we wish to play different roles? Why do we say “God, Why me?” why not you and if not, then who? Who else can play the hero as good as you do? You fit the role to the tee. You are in good hands after all; you can trust the director here. The people that are thrown in our lives, as whatever, have a role to play too and we get to decide their significance in the plot, or so He might like us to believe. There are some relationships that we make that have a defined scope, a special appearance. They make you feel good (or bad) and solve their purpose. Prolonging them makes the movie boring. There are some supporting characters that can be applauded with an academy, they are just absolutely brilliant! And there is always the hero or the heroine for you, with a supposed “this is the beginning” tagline.

Mould away into a fine actor, a fine tuner, who understands the gravity of his role. Be the excusive star and sometimes the Aamir Khan or Taboo, and play between the frivolous actor and the dramatic one. If it’s a movie, it has its fare share of action, drama and romance. You may never know what part of it may win you the accolades. Trust him and trust yourself, if you have chosen the script that is being directed by the ultimate director, it is bound to be a hit!

4 comments:

Sugandha Khera said...

miss iyengar u did it again..:)..let the lead role played by u in this "life" conquer the inscrutableness.

Saurabh Kumar said...

hey, nice post! chanced upon your blog... but glad that I did.
just a thought - what if I was an extra in this movie called life. Or that almost every one was one... and that the movie is one in which there are no main actors - like a " dus kahaniyan" multiplied 1 billion times...

gokul kumar said...

I can say u done it.....U rock n make evry1 swing....Its pretty awesome...i coud nt xplain hw much i liked it....But i can spread abt dis article....dats 4 sure...:)
Keep rocking dear....I xpect so many of these kinda articles frm u soon...i believe u make us feel proud abt u again....

Sreeiyrngar12 g. Com said...

Hm..Wish life was a movie where you knew that everything was stereotypical. You know the Hero is bound to help old women across the street,rescue the damsel in distress from the evil warlock. You can recognise the damsel in distress by the fact that she is always troubled by the evil warlock ,which also serves as a standpoint of recognition for the evil warlock.

You know that the story is gonna have a happy ending ( nobody wants the evil warlock to get away with it in the end )

But, life ain't like that..you change roles from hero to villian to supporting cast to spotboy from time to time which makes it all the more exciting.

At the end of the day, I know I have not resolved global warming and I can still be happy about it.Conversely, I have no clue what tomorrow is gonna bring and yet be perplexed about it..

Life... is my lesson,I've learnt it when I am through.